A Middle Eastern Chick with a treasure chest of stories to tell and a capricious thought process that is often difficult to keep up with.

May 14, 2011

I. R. Embarrassed

While I really shouldn't be saying this... it's very true. I am kind of embarrassed by some of the boys in a certain institution that I happen to be a part of. 


My friends and I went for an education fair at the Commercial Centre out here and we happened to spot a group of boys from the institution we're all a part of. We don't know most of them too well, since we're separated into a girls' section and a boys' section. Just then, we also noticed another group of teens from another institution. They were wearing formal clothes (unlike us who were in uniforms). Now the boys from the latter group happened to be rather, well, dashing. Some of them were even more than just dashing (wink wink). The boys from the former group, however, were... er... how can I put this... far from the furthest thing from dashing. 

Anyways. So, my friends and I went about our work and didn't pay either group much attention until I, having stopped at a stall where I had a clear view of a small group of boys from my institution and a small group of boys from the other institution, began to notice something that mortified me. These were my observations:

Dashing boys:
-Well dressed, polished and positively delectable in rolled up shirt sleeves and neck ties. 
-Actively engaged in conversation with the educational representatives. 
-Polite and hushed. 
-Weakened knees with their smiles. 

Boys from my institution:          
-Scruffily dressed with rather unkempt appearances.
-Didn't really care about what was going on around them.   
-Loud and obnoxious.
-Laughed like hyenas.       

Honestly, it just reminded me of something like this:

THIS...

V/S

THIS...

It was positively mortifying. Our uniforms betrayed us. Like a fart in a morgue. 

Ah well... 

2 comments:

Guy From Karachi said...

LOL hahaha ok you need to tell me about this :P

Neamah said...

Hahaha! Will do!