A Middle Eastern Chick with a treasure chest of stories to tell and a capricious thought process that is often difficult to keep up with.

Apr 2, 2011

Gasp!


Judging from my previous wall post, you would have probably guessed that I pretty much despise the way some of the guys dress out here. Well, turns out I might just have to take back my words and give credit to the imaginary male clothing convention… I went to Al Qasba today and I didn’t see a SINGLE pair of neon skinny jeans! Nearly all the boys were dressed in simple jeans or shorts with a normal t-shirt that didn’t hug their bodies in a manner that actually showed their chest hair through the fabric! It’s a miracle! 
There were some guys who wore their jeans a little low for my liking… but, judging by the progress they have made so far, they’ll get there. Of course, it could be that I’m being all too optimistic and the real reason for today’s observations was the fact that it’s a weekday and most people will be out and about TOMORROW instead. Or, it could also be the obvious fact that most of the neon pimps now hang out in Dubai Festival City (the mall). I can guarantee a neon sighting at DFC at any time of the week or day. Yeah… maybe the pimps just decided to switch venues.
Anyhow, I’m liking the sudden change in male fashion. It’s fairly smart and polished. Oh no, maybe Al Qasba was so tame today because it’s a popular date destination! No wonder! No girl wants to go out with a boy in her Barbie’s clothes! Ugh. I need to do some more research. I’ll visit DFC soon and report back on the male’s fashion scene. 
Now that I think about it, I think the girls are now more into the whole clashing-colours with outrageous skinnies tucked into clown shoes paired with a weird hoodie… O.o
This is bad. 

No comments: